Cube Movers Values and respects your Privacy. This policy sets out our duties and responsibilities in the processing of your data.
This statement should be read together with the Terms and Conditions of Use of the Cube Messenger App. This statement is supplemental to the Terms and Conditions.
B. TYPE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Cube Movers may collect and process the following personal data: full name, phone number, email addresses, designation/position, GPS coordinates only for the pickup and destination for the packages.
Cube Movers shall also collect and process your transaction information when you use MPESA and other payment systems in relation to payment for services offered under Cube Messenger.
C. WARRANTIES ON USE AND PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
Cube Movers warrants that:
1. It shall comply with all mandatory applicable laws, regulations and rules concerning data protection or privacy in relation to personal data processed by it for the delivery of goods in particular the Data Protection Act 2019,
2. It shall maintain appropriate security systems in relation to data held by it to prevent unlawful or unauthorised accessing or use of data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, such data.
3. It shall only process any personal data to the extent necessary for the performance of the Shipment.
4. The data shall only be held for as long as is reasonably necessary.
5. We will not sell or exchange your personal information to any third party. We will only share your personal information where we are required to fulfil our contract with you, or legitimate interest, where we have your consent, or we are required to do so by law.
6. It has put in place technical and operational measures to protect your information from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction.
7. Cube Movers employees who handle personal information are under an obligation to treat it confidentially and may not disclose it to unauthorized third parties.
D. RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Cube Movers will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
E. CUSTOMER RIGHTS
Subject to legal and contractual reservations and exceptions, you have rights under the Data protection Act in relation to your personal data. These are listed below:
1) Right to be informed that we are collecting personal data about you;
2) Right to access personal data that we hold about you and request for information about how we process it;
3) Right to request that we correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
4) Right to request that we erase your personal data noting that we may continue to retain your information if obligated by the law or entitled to do so;
5) Right to object and withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data. We may continue to process if we have a legitimate or legal reason to do so;
6) Right to request restricted processing of your personal data noting that we may be entitled or legally obligated to continue processing your data and refuse your request;
7) Right to request transfer of your personal data in [an accessible format].
F. CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
From time to time we may need to transfer your personal information outside the Republic of Kenya.
In the event that your information is sent outside Kenya, we will make sure that your information is properly protected in accordance with the applicable Data Protection Laws such as the GDPR.